Saturday, October 10, 2009

Side Note

I should early on state that I did not pick this project because I have some deep and undying love for reptiles. I do like them and I have a particular soft spot for turtles but I actually had other reasons for wanting to work on this particular project. I am very interested in learning GIS and mapping skills because there is a high demand in the conservation job market for these qualifications. I also wanted to work with an international organization, such as Conservation International. Since I have many family obligations (a husband, a two year old, plus I am expecting #2 in Feb. 2010), I wanted a more analytical project versus field work. Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to field work. I love it in fact. But I enjoy spending hours/days in front of the computer and am happy to let other people tromp through the mud and deal with leeches to collect data for me. Plus I just like the big picture stuff.

So when I looked at my personal needs and desires and the projects available, this one just fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment